Planting seeds:) What a blessing!

At the beginning of this past trimester (it just ended) at our first chapel service there was an illustration given that really didn't hit me until it was spoken about on our last service.  Our speaker was talking about why we are missionaries,  the obvious reason is because of Jesus!  Because He has asked us to leave all behind and follow Him and trust Him.  In my opinion, (I was so ready to just write this sentence in Spanish, Subjunctive Rule # 9, expressing opinions), decided to keep it in English and say, we are all missionaries.   We are missionaries where ever we live...some people are called to live abroad and leave all behind and others are called to stay in their home, but God can use and does use all of us, so we are all missionaries, those who are called His!  And there often times we don't always see the fruit of our work but God does and He knows what is going to happen, but we are called to plant seeds where ever we live.  Those seeds can produce a harvest.

Our speaker said this "We can count the trees in an orchard, we can count the apples on the tree, but we can't count how many apples a seed will produce, but we plant it anyway."  You see, we as believers are called to plant seeds and invest in lives.

This trimester was just that for me...planting seeds.   I had the wonderful opportunity to lead a young ladies Bible Study weekly with the college students on campus, to plant of seed of digging into God's Word and growing deeper in love with Him.  It was beautiful to see God work in their lives, beautiful to see their commitment to Him, beautiful to see the struggles, beautiful to see community in a place that isn't home, and beautiful to be able to hear them say "your home, is a home away home."
I've had many places I have lived, but I have never been able to open my home the way I have here, and I am reminded that I have always wanted my home to be a home for others who need it.  And my home became a place of love, a place where they knew they could always come and talk.  It's a home that wants to invest in others and have the opportunity to grow in HIS great love and trust Lord and the great plans He has for them.  This trimester may have ended, but the journey is really just beginning.  Planting seeds and letting God harvest them:)  I am excited to see God work in their lives!  What a blessing they are to me and what honour it was to share this trimester with them and grow in our walk with the Lord!
Bible Study!
Dinner is served! and a night of laughter!
Believe it or not, they all went to bed early:)
My home is their home and always will be!


Not only did God allow me to have a Bible with these wonderful young ladies, I have been able to help teach the empleada Bible Study at the school, in Spanish.  What a joy it is to study God's word and encourage others to do just that!


And another huge blessings the Lord provided for me this trimester was and still is the opportunity to teach English to Darlene, a person I met in the park.  Not only am I teaching her English, but she is so interested in who the Lord is, that we are doing a Bible Study also in Spanish!  I was blessed to buy her a Bilingual Bible and she told me, " This is the first Bible I have ever had."  Wow!  My heart rejoiced in knowing that now she can now have His Word in her hands and read it and learn to TRUST in HIM!  

Bible Study and English in the park!

To me ministry isn't just having a specific job or title, it's living life, building relationship and sharing the Love of JESUS!  Planting seeds is what we are called to do and to nourish them when we have that opportunity!  Have you planted any seeds or are you nourishing any seeds?  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always in HIS hands!!

His Love Will Never Fail!

Fun in February